Be a volunteer
He said to his disciples: "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Pray, therefore, to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His fields." Matthew 9, 32-38
We need at this early stage of all possible help to raise the funds necessary to begin the construction of this humanitarian project. If you want to be part of the volunteers who give us their generous collaboration for the various activities that we will be doing in order to obtain the necessary funds, please provide us your information so we can contact you when we need to. Also, eventually, to have the humanitarian hospital built we need of the help of volunteers to keep the hospital running and to perform upgrades and have other hospitals and clinics in the country.
We want to hear from you, so we urge you to be part of our group of volunteer friends of Padre Pio. Contact us today!Donate NOW!
A Humanitarian Hospital
Where prayer and science come together in Jesus Christ crucified
This is the motto that Padre Pio built the Home for the Relief of Suffering. This same theme is that our association has taken to bring to Costa Rica a health system unique in the world and the current conditions of our health care system and government needed to bring about change in the comprehensive care of our Costa Rican population.Volunteering can be part of the change in the model of care in Costa Rica giving your feedback to our association that requires the help of all Christians and people of good faith.Contact Us
Costa Rica´s Current Healthcare System
- The uninsured population is increasing and also illegal migration
- Unlike other nations, Costa Rica does not have a Ministry of Health to provide medical care to people without insurance by the Social Security Fund, leaving a population of about 15% unattended, between national and foreign population, and is growing every year. See news
- The Social Security Fund is in a financial crisis
- Our healthcare system has been for several years now with appointment delays, without enough hospital beds to serve the entire insured population. On top of this, our social security is undergoing a financial crisis that threatens the quality of care given to the population, mostly to the poor and illegals. See news
- Private Medicine with a very high cost
- Given all these problems, the middle class who pays social insurance does not have a proper attention, therefore they have to visit the private healthcare system, with a very high cost for the middle class, generating a economic burden to this economic group that has to get in debt for private medicine that is the only option that can meet their basic healthcare needs. See news