Donate now and help us bring this humanitarian project to Costa Rica and all Central America
Your donation is very important to build and maintain this project, eventually improving the condition of people with low income and social risk, while evangelizing them in order to make a profound change in their lives.
It is through your donations that the miracles of charity can change our world. Help us find the economic support necessary to make this work a reality. Padre Pio's work requires everyone´s generous charity, where Costa Rica will take this healthcare model unique in the country and Central America and extend from our country to all Central America.
DONATIONS FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Our association has partnered with Amigos of Costa Rica, a non profit 501(c)3 NGO in the USA, in order to receive donations that can be tax-deductible in the USA. You can send a check to:
Amigos of Costa Rica
c/o María A. Rodil
1250 24th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
Please write a note stating that the donation is for the Project Home for the Relief of Suffering Corpus Christi, your name and address to have a receipt sent to you by this organization. You can also send us an email to email@example.com to let us know about your donation. We appreciate your collaboration and God bless you all.
DONATIONS FROM COSTA RICA
We also have our Costa Rican bank accounts where you can donate for this project.
Banco Popular y de Desarrollo Comunal
Credit Account Colones 16101008910237980 under the name of Asoc. Padre Pío
SINPE Account Colones 16101008910237980 and cédula jurídica 3-002-666841
Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
Credit Account Colones 100-01-152-000699-0 under the name of Asoc. Padre Pio y Su Obra de Ayuda al Enfermo
Credit Account Dollars 100-02-152-600290-8
SINPE Account Colones 15115220010096777 and cédula jurídica 3-002-666841
A Humanitarian Hospital
Where prayer and science unite in Jesus Christ crucified
This is the motto in which Padre Pio built the House for the Relief of Suffering. The same is followed by our association, which has taken the task to bring to Costa Rica a healthcare system unique in the world and the current conditions of our health care system and government needs a project like this one to bring about change in the comprehensive care of our Costa Rican population.
Our project aims to be an alternative to the problems of the current healthcare system in Costa Rica. Although Costa Rica enjoys good general healthcare indicators, the reality is that our health care system is far from a developed country healthcare system. This is why it is urgent to create alternative healthcare systems that benefit low-income populations and the middle class that is suffering from a deteriorated system. The Healthcare Model House Relief of Suffering is unique in the world and we believe it is necessary and appropriate for the country and Central America. It is through the contribution of all that this work is going to be maintained, by the providence and charity of people who want to make a change in our country, in the health care model and be able to change the medical practice in Costa Rica in order to have a medical professionals treating persons as a complete human being, with a body and soul.
Current Healthcare System in Costa Rica
- The Ministry of Health is a regulator and epidemiological control
- Unlike other nations, Costa Rica does not have a Ministry of Health that provides medical care to people without insurance by the Social Security Fund, leaving a population of around 15% unattended , this number between domestic and foreign population is growing. See news
- The Social Security Fund is in a financial crisis
- Our healthcare system has been for several years now with appointment delays, without enough hospital beds to serve the entire insured population. On top of this, our social security is undergoing a financial crisis that threatens the quality of care given to the population, mostly to the poor and illegals. See news
- Private Medicine with a very high cost
- Given all these problems, the middle class who pays social insurance does not have a proper attention, therefore they have to visit the private healthcare system, with a very high cost for the middle class, generating a economic burden to this economic group that has to get in debt for private medicine that is the only option that can meet their basic healthcare needs. See news